Welcome, Fairfield to the 2019-2020 school year
Welcome, Fairfield to the 2019-2020 school year!
As Martin Luther King states: “We cannot walk alone.”
The Fairfield PTA Council is here to support the essential and ongoing activities of our town’s individual PTAs. The 17 PTA units in town serve to advocate for its children and support its school to make every child’s potential a reality.
PTAC functions as the bridge to connect our schools’ voices within our school district. We also hope to share best practices across the 17 units as we learn from one another.
This is a sampling of what PTAC does:
- Advocate for our children.
- Fund Awards, Grants and Scholarships to schools, teachers, school groups, activities, and events.
- Sponsor and host enrichment programming.
- Facilitate the coordinated activities of school PTAs who wish to partner with other PTAs in town.
- Participate in curriculum review for the school district.
- Identify chronic, persistent and emerging needs of our schools’ communities and deliver programming to meet those needs.
- Partner with local groups.
- Educate and inform through candidate forums, news sharing, and event hosting.
- Answer questions.
Communication is the cornerstone of connection. Last year PTAC focused on launching a new website and information platform designed to serve our complex town PTA structure and to represent our diverse voices unified through advocating for our children. As we continue to refine our communication platform, we are also moving to the next phase.
My goal as president of PTAC for the 2019-2020 school year is to extend our influence and reflect societal needs at large. To this end, my hope is that together, you and PTAC, will rally around fostering Unity (Inclusion); spearheading Innovation; heightening Wellness; and deepening Engagement/Connection. Breaking down barriers, celebrating differences, advancing tolerance and understanding, thinking creatively and promoting healing are universal concerns.
By bringing these priorities to the forefront, I hope that we, as a community, will not only strengthen but also positively impact our environment and connect with the larger society. With your diverse perspectives and backgrounds, and a vibrant Board of Directors – who bring a depth and breadth of experience, we can strongly move forward.
I’d like to invite you to join us at PTAC. We will succeed if we listen to the many voices advocating for our children across our great town. We will also succeed if we partner and bring ideas and solutions that benefit all. For information, you can contact your school PTA’s president or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for all that you do to make our town, its school district and its schools so unique.